- Find A Local Agent
- Consumer Information
- Agent Center
- Medicare News
- Request a Quote
Here are some easy ways to save on Medicare insurance. Consider a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan that includes prescription drug plan coverage. Shop around for the best plan and include speaking with at least one local Medicare insurance professional. Ask about discounts available with many Medigap plans. Check to see if you qualify for assistance with costs.
Medicare is complex. You have many different options and choices available. Medicare plans are local. Your choices will depend on where you live. Medicare tries to make changing plans easy but there are rules that apply. Changing is not always possible.
If you want the best Medicare insurance option for the best cost, the following are tips for seniors on Medicare.
1. Start early. Medicare has deadlines. And waiting until the last minute means you’ll likely be forced to make rushed decisions. If you are hoping to connect with an independent local Medicare insurance agent, know that they get busy. That’s especially true during Medicare’s Open Enrollment periods. So, don’t wait. Start early.
2. Shop around for the best plan. Medicare plans vary in cost and coverage, so it’s important to compare plans from different insurers before choosing one. There are big companies offering plans. Big isn’t always better. Some plans may only be provided within your state. They may be a better and cheaper choice for you.
3. Consider a Medicare Advantage plan. Medicare Advantage (MA) plans are typically offered by private insurers and provide all the benefits of Original Medicare (Parts A and B). Plus they often include additional benefits like vision, dental, and prescription drug coverage. Some have ‘zero premium’ meaning no monthly cost. But, make sure you understand all the costs you may face if and when you need certain care.
4. Check if you qualify for assistance. If you have limited income and resources, you may qualify for assistance with your Medicare costs. Programs like Extra Help and Medicare Savings Programs can help pay for premiums, deductibles, and other out-of-pocket costs.
5. Considering Medigap; Ask About Discounts. The American Association publishes an annual Medigap insurance price index that reports the lowest and highest rates for identical coverage in top-10 cities. Seniors can save 50% or more merely by choosing the right plan. And, ask about available discounts which can save you as much as 14 percent annually.
Medicare Advantage plans are a type of health insurance offered by private companies that contract with Medicare to provide Part A and Part B benefits. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the best plan for your needs. Here are some tips to help you find the best Medicare Advantage plan:
1. Consider your healthcare needs: Before choosing a plan, evaluate your healthcare needs and budget. Look at the doctors and hospitals you currently use and make sure they are in the plan’s network. Consider any prescription drugs you take and ensure they are covered by the plan’s formulary.
2. Compare plans: Start by using the Medicare Plan Finder tool on Medicare.gov to compare plans in your area. This tool allows you to enter your zip code, current medications, and preferred pharmacies to see a list of available plans and their costs. But we strongly recommend validating the information with a local Medicare Advantage agent.
3. Research the Star ratings: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rates Medicare Advantage plans on a five-star scale based on factors such as customer service, member satisfaction, and quality of care. Look for plans with high current ratings to ensure you receive quality care.
4. Understand costs: Medicare Advantage plans have different costs, including premiums, deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. Make sure you understand all costs associated with a plan before enrolling.
5. Seek local help. Medicare is national. Medicare plans are local. If you’re having trouble choosing a plan or understanding your options, seek help from a local licensed insurance agent. Use the Association’s free directory to find professionals near you.
Medicare Supplement plans, also known as Medigap plans, are designed to fill in the gaps left by Original Medicare. These plans cover some or all of the out-of-pocket costs that Medicare beneficiaries would otherwise be responsible for paying themselves. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the best Medicare Supplement plan. Here are some tips to help you find the best plan for your needs:
1. Understand your coverage needs. Before you start shopping for a Medicare Supplement plan, it’s important to understand what type of coverage you need. This will depend on factors such as your health status, budget, and lifestyle. For example, if you have a chronic condition that requires frequent doctor visits and prescription medications, you may want a plan with more comprehensive coverage.
2. Compare plans from different insurers. Medicare Supplement plans are sold by private insurance companies, so it’s important to shop around and compare plans from different insurers. Look for plans that offer the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Keep in mind that premiums can vary widely between insurers, so it pays to do your research.
3. Check the insurer’s history of rate increases. The cheapest plan this year won’t save you money if the insurer has a history of raising rates. Or, if they are new to the market, they may be launching their effort with low rates. Only to start increasing them in the future. Ask your local Medicare agent for the company’s history of rate increases.
Feel free to click on the links to obtain more information about Medicare planning.
Medicare Supplement Agents Brokers Find Local Medigap
Find Directory of Independent Medicare Agents Near Me
Latest Medicare Insurance Information Statistics, Data and More
Find the best Medicare insurance plan information from the American Association for Medicare Supplement Insurance.