- Find A Local Agent
- Consumer Information
- Agent Center
- Medicare News
- Request a Quote
Rated the #1 Listing For Medicare Agents ! Medicare is national. But Medicare plan options are literally based on where you live. The best listing for Medicare Agents and Brokers is hosted by the American Association for Medicare Supplement Insurance. Find local agents who can help compare Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement (Medigap) and drug plans.
Access is free and completely private. Simply enter your Zip Code and see agents geographically within 100 miles.
The Association’s directory is rated the #1 independent resource listing local Medicare insurance agents. See their information. Email them or call agents directly. NO data is harvested. You are not be added to any list. Don’t get any emails from us.
The Association’s popular directory helps individuals find local Medicare agents. This online platform allows users to search for agents based on their location. It provides detailed profiles of each agent, including their contact information and areas of expertise (Medicare Advantage and/or Medigap, aka Medicare Supplement.
In addition to these directories, there are also other resources available to help individuals find local Medicare agents. Local community organizations, such as senior centers or non-profit agencies focused on senior services, may have recommendations or directories of trusted agents in the area. Additionally, word-of-mouth referrals from friends, family members, or healthcare professionals can be valuable in finding a reliable Medicare agent.
It’s important to note that while directories can be helpful in finding local Medicare agents, it’s essential to do thorough research and due diligence before choosing an agent. What factors should I consider? Tell me your qualifications. Share how many years of experience you have with Medicare plans. Will you share customer reviews or testimonials, and whether they are licensed and authorized to sell Medicare products in your state.
When interviewing Medicare agents, it is important to ask a variety of questions to ensure that you are making an informed decision and selecting the right agent for your needs. Here are some key questions to consider asking:
1. Experience and Qualifications
– How long have you been working as a Medicare agent?
– Do you offer both Medicare Advantage as well as Medigap products?
– Are you licensed and certified to sell Medicare plans in my state?
– What training or certifications do you have related to Medicare?
2. Product Knowledge
– What types of Medicare plans do you specialize in? (e.g., Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Prescription Drug Plans)
– Can you explain the differences between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans?
– How familiar are you with the specific Medicare plans available in my area?
– What’s the Medicare plan you mostly sell in this area?
3. Client Support and Service
– How do you assist clients in finding the most suitable Medicare plan for their needs?
– Do you provide ongoing support and assistance after enrollment?
– Can you help me understand how Medicare coverage works with other insurance plans I may have?
4. Costs and Coverage
– Can you explain the costs associated with different Medicare plans, such as premiums, deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance?
– Are my current doctors and healthcare providers are covered by a specific plan?
– Are there any restrictions or limitations on coverage that I should be aware of?
5. Enrollment Process
– What is the process for enrolling in a Medicare plan? Can you guide me through it?
– When is the best time to enroll in a Medicare plan? Are there any deadlines I should be aware of?
– Can you explain the differences between the Initial Enrollment Period, Special Enrollment Periods, and Annual Enrollment Period?
6. Customer Reviews and References
– Can you provide references from current or past clients who have worked with you?
– Do you have any online reviews or testimonials that I can read?
– How do you handle customer complaints or concerns?
7. Continuing Education and Industry Updates
– Do you stay up to date with changes in Medicare regulations and policies?
– Do you participate in continuing education programs or attend industry conferences?
– Can you provide examples of how you have helped clients navigate recent changes in Medicare?
8. Agent Compensation
– How are you compensated for selling Medicare plans? Are there any potential conflicts of interest?
– Are there any fees or charges that I should be aware of when working with you?
9. Additional Services
– Do you offer any additional services, such as assistance with Medicare appeals or help with understanding Medicare Summary Notices?
– Can you provide guidance on other healthcare-related topics, such as long-term care insurance or Medicaid?
Remember to take notes during the interview process and compare the responses from different agents to make an informed decision.
Find Directory of Independent Medicare Agents Near Me
Latest Medicare Insurance Information Statistics, Data and More
Resource to get Long-Term Care Insurance Costs Quotes and information.
Find the best Medicare insurance plan information from the American Association for Medicare Supplement Insurance.
Get exclusive Discount Code Overseas Adventure Travel land tours and cruises.